all images copyright kate levy 2011. all rights reserved. use of images is strictly prohibited without express consent of author.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Studies of Grandmom

Since I've been home, I've been collecting these images of my grandmother. I know there is some urgency to catalogue her. But she doesn't feel it. She gets angry that I am taking her wrinkles and immortalizing them, despite my constant pleading that a photograph does not amount the person to their appearance or their identity. That its more about me. 
I hate that I display her sometimes, as a trophy Grandmom--the poet, the art collector, the woman who still works at eighty two, the one who gets me but angers me so much sometimes, because her neuroses get her. 
She's a reminder to live in the present. 











No comments:

Post a Comment