all images copyright kate levy 2011. all rights reserved. use of images is strictly prohibited without express consent of author.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

hip hop show weekend

Got back to Denver Friday and hit the ground running with a couple Westword Slidshows. First, I hit my girl Ru's annual birthday bash: LollipaRuza. I must say I was feeling it more because I knew all the hard work Ru put into reviving the great voices of the past by rallying new voices (it was a cover show with all the Denver players). Saturday was the Jet Life Tour featuring Curren$y, and I had not attachment to this event...just my own motivation to make images to chronicle the scene.
But what is it about hip hop--common interest, synchronous lyrics beating out like pounding your point with your fist into the table, intense passion subdued and lit up with chronic. What is it about having a purpose?



















No comments:

Post a Comment