all images copyright kate levy 2011. all rights reserved. use of images is strictly prohibited without express consent of author.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

landscape templates


I noticed that this blog was getting awfully full with party shots. Hence, some landscapes from the past month. I don't show a lot of landscapes because of how easy it is for me to create them. Back at SLC in '03, Joel Sternfeld pointed out to our class the vertical approximately 1/3 through the composition of every one of his landscapes from American Prospects I find that my vertical lies about 3/8 through the composition, and that I abide steadfastly to the rule of thirds. These images aren't exactly pioneers in the rugged frontier of radical composition, but they have some good content.














No comments:

Post a Comment