all images copyright kate levy 2011. all rights reserved. use of images is strictly prohibited without express consent of author.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Voodoo Experience 2009

I didn't even KNOW that this music festival was going on, until i entered the enthralling realm of New Orleans and never wanted to return. While there, I ended up meeting this middle aged music manager named Charles (photos to follow), who only can be described as a crazy dude. Charles offered me a pass to Voodoo with the best intentions. That same night, I met these other two guys, even more insane than Charles (with the best intentions as well, and photos to document). They as well told me they could get me in. When these two contacts fell through (as most things do), the wonderful human beings that I was staying with (photos to come), who teach at a wonderful school in the ninth ward (lots and lots of photos to come eventually), ended up with a press pass in their hands. They told me to "go, and have a GREAT time." So I did. It was Halloween. Just another instance of right place, right time. I even ended up in the pit at Jane's Addiction. Here are some images of the people who went to the festival. More shots (including Jane's Addiction, can be found on my flickr photostream: www.flickr.com/katelevyphotograpy



































1 comment:

  1. You amaze me when you follow your true self. Keep up the amazing work. You are so talented!!! Love the circular almost drunk and high feel I from the black and white painted voodoo faces that you do.

    ReplyDelete